- Right-click the shape that you want to add a pattern fill to and select Format Shape.
- In the Format Shape dialog box, click the Fill tab.
- In the Fill pane, select Pattern fill and then select a pattern, foreground color, and background color for your pattern fill.
Table of Contents
How do you fill a line with a shape in Illustrator?
Select the drawn object with the Selection tool, and then select the Stroke tool and a color from the swatch. This will color the lines and strokes in the object. Then, select the Fill tool and pick a color from the swatch. Clicking inside the object will fill it with the selected color or pattern.
Which tool is used to fill shapes or lines with Colour?
Answer: the paint bucket is used to fill an area with single specific color or hue.
Which option is used to Colours in the shape?
Select the shape or text box. On the Drawing Tools Format tab, click Shape Fill > More Fill Colors. In the Colors box, either click the color you want on the Standard tab, or mix your own color on the Custom tab.
How do I fill a space with color in Illustrator?
Click the color that you want to use for the fill in the Color panel, which opens when you activate the Fill tool. You can also open the Swatches or Gradient panel and select a color from those libraries. One last option is to double-click the Fill tool, click a color in the Color Picker window, and then click OK.
How do you fill a page in Word with color?
Add or change the background color
- Go to Page Layout > Page Color.
- Do any of the following: Select a from Theme Colors or Standard Colors. Select More Colors and then choose a color. Select Fill Effects to add special effects, such as gradients, patterns, or textures.
How do you connect lines in Illustrator?
Join two or more paths To join one or more open paths, use the Selection tool to select the open paths and click Object > Path > Join. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+J (Windows) or Cmd+J (Mac). When anchor points are not overlapping, Illustrator adds a line segment to bridge the paths to join.
How do I color a line in Illustrator?
How do I fill a shape with lines in InDesign?
Once you’ve created a pattern that you like, you may want to fill an object with the pattern. You can do this by selecting all the objects and choosing Object > Group. Then choose Edit > Cut to cut the group. Next, select the object you want to fill with the pattern and choose Edit > Paste Into.
How do I fill a space with color in paint?
What is fill with Colour tool?
A tool that allows the user to change the color of a group of pixels at once.
Is used to fill an area with Colour?
The Paint Bucket is used to fill an area with single specific color or hue.
How do I insert a new shape in Word?
To add a shape, click Insert, click Shapes, select a shape, and then click and drag to draw the shape. After you add one or more shapes, you can add text, bullets, and numbering to them, and you can change their fill, outline, and other effects on the Format tab.
What are the steps to insert the shape?
To insert a shape:
- Select the Insert tab.
- Click the Shapes command. The Shape command.
- Select a shape from the drop-down menu.
- Click and drag the mouse until the shape is the desired size. Creating a new shape.
- Release the mouse button.
How do you outline a shape in Word?
Select the shape or text box to which you want to add, change, or remove a border. Click Shape Format, and then click the arrow next to Shape Outline. Either click the color that you want, or mix your own color by clicking More Outline Colors. Point to Weight, and then choose the line weight that you want.
How do I create shapes in Illustrator?
Start making artwork
- You can create a variety of primitive shapes with the vector Shape tools in Illustrator. …
- Press and hold the Rectangle tool in the Toolbar and select the Polygon tool. …
- To move a shape, drag its center point. …
- You can also combine shapes to create new, more complex shapes in just a couple of clicks.
How do you use shape builder?
How to Use Illustrator’s Shape Builder Tool
- Create several overlapping shapes.
- Select the shapes that you want to combine.
- Select the Shape Builder tool and then click and drag across the selected shapes, as shown on the left in this figure. …
- Create another shape that overlaps your new combined shape.
How do you color in a Word document?
To color the pages of a document, click the Design tab and then click Page Color in the Page Background group. Choose a color from the dropdown palette or choose More Colors or even Fill Effects.
How do you change the color of a page in Pages?
- With the document open, click the View button in the toolbar, then choose Page Thumbnails.
- Select a thumbnail of a page you want to change. …
- Select Document in the toolbar. …
- To quickly add a background, click the box next to Background, then choose a preset color, gradient, or image.
How do I insert a page border in Word?
Add a border to a page
- Go to Design > Page Borders.
- Make selections for how you want the border to look.
- To adjust the distance between the border and the edge of the page, select Options. Make your changes and select OK.
- Select OK.
How do you merge lines in InDesign?
In InDesign, you can also use the Pathfinder panel to join paths. To close the path of an open path, use the Selection tool to select the path and click Close Path in the Pathfinder panel. To close the end points between two paths, select the paths and click Join Path.
How do you change the color of a line?
Change the color of a line
- Select the line that you want to change. If you want to change multiple lines, select the first line, and then press and hold CTRL while you select the other lines.
- On the Format tab, click the arrow next to Shape Outline, and then click the color that you want.
How do I change the color of a line in Adobe?
Press ctrl + E to open up the properties bar (cmd + e on the mac. You can change the color from there.
How do I fill a shape with Color in InDesign?
- From the Toolbox, select the Selection Tool.
- Select the shape you want to fill.
- If the Color palette is not already displayed, from the Window menu, select Color. …
- In the Color palette, select Fill.
- Adjust the color parameters appropriately by sampling the desired color from the Color Spectrum.
How do you insert a shape in InDesign?
To create a shape, select one of the shape tools from the Toolbar, such as the rectangle tool, and click-and-drag to draw it. To create a proportionate shape, such as a circle or square, hold the Shift key while drawing. This will lock the aspect ratio and ensure all sides of the shape are the same length.
How do I fill in Color in Adobe?
Apply a fill color Select the object using the Selection tool ( ) or the Direct Selection tool ( ). Click the Fill box in the Tools panel, the Properties panel, or the Color panel to indicate that you want to apply a fill rather than a stroke. Apply a fill color using the Tools panel or the Properties panel.