Draw a line
- On the Insert tab, select Shapes.
- Under Lines, select any line style you like.
- Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button.
Table of Contents
How do you insert top and bottom lines in Word?
How do you put a line in front of text?
Click in the paragraph of text you want a line under. Click on the HOME Tab > BORDERS button Bottom Border is usually the default. This places a line across the page, underlining not just the text but the rest of the row, too.
How do you put a top and bottom double paragraph border?
To apply a border to any or all sides of a paragraph, follow these steps:
- Place the insertion pointer in a paragraph.
- Click the Home tab.
- In the Paragraphs group, click the triangle next to the Borders command button. The Borders menu appears.
- Choose a border style from the menu.
How do you put a header above a border?
Page Layout > Page Setup > Layout tab > Borders > Box (or any border) > Options > UNCLICK Surround Header.
How do you put a line before and after text in Word?
- Type in regular text and center it.
- Insert a Line shape, and draw it on one side of the text.
- Copy the line nad paste it on the other side of the text.
- Hold Ctrl and click to select each of the lines.
- Use the shape formatting in Word and Align Middle to line them up vertically.
- Group them.
How do I insert a horizontal line in a header?
How do you put a top border on a paragraph?
To add borders to your paragraph, follow these steps:
- Position the insertion point in the paragraph to which you want the border added. …
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click the down-arrow next to the Borders tool, in the Paragraph group. …
- Choose Borders and Shading. …
- Make sure the Borders tab is selected.
How do you add a double border?
You apply a double border to a paragraph in a Microsoft Word document. …
- Select the paragraph for which you want to change the border width.
- On the Page Layout tab, click Page Border in the Page Background group.
- Click the Borders tab.
- On the Borders tab, select the border width that you want in the Width list.
- Click OK.
How do you make a 0.2 hanging indent?
Create a hanging indent
- Select the text where you want to add a hanging indent.
- Go to Home > Paragraph dialog launcher. > Indents and Spacing.
- Under Special, select Hanging. You can adjust the depth of the indent using the By field.
- Select OK.
How do you type above a border in Word?
- Open the Word document and scroll to the section with the line. …
- Click the Insert tab, then click the Text Box button. …
- Click inside the text box to type any text you want above the line.
- Handwrite any text you want to appear above the line. …
- Click the orange Text Box Tools tab, then click the Shape Outline menu.
How do I add a border to the top of the footer?
Edit the Footer. Select Insert > Shape > Line > Line (yes, you select Line again from a submenu). …
- Edit the Footer.
- Select Edit > Style. The Paragraph Style: Footer window will open.
- Select the Borders tab and add a top border. (Since you are a MS-Word user, I suspect I don’t have to elaborate on this step.)
How do you put a border around a header in HTML?
In Html, we can add the border using the following two different ways: Using Inline Style attribute. Using Internal CSS. … Using Internal CSS
- Add the border using internal CSS.
How do I insert a horizontal line after text in Word?
How to Insert a Horizontal Line in Word
- Place the cursor where you want to insert a line.
- Go to the Home tab. …
- In the Paragraph group, select the Borders drop-down arrow and choose Horizontal Line.
- To change the look of the line, double-click the line in the document.
How do you insert a horizontal?
Insert a Horizontal Line From the Ribbon
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the line.
- Go to the Home tab and then click the dropdown arrow for the Borders option in the Paragraph group.
- Select Horizontal Line from the menu.
- To tweak the look of this horizontal line, double-click the line.
How do you put a line under a header in Word?
How to Add a Line to a Header in Word
- Double-click the Word header to enter Editing mode.
- Click the end of a line and press Enter if you need a blank line on which to add your graphic.
- Click the Insert tab and click Shapes from the Illustrations group.
- Click a line format from the Line group.
How is horizontal line?
A horizontal line is a straight line that goes from left to right or right to left. In coordinate geometry, a line is said to be horizontal if two points on the line have the same Y- coordinate points. … Horizontal and Vertical Lines.
|Horizontal line||Vertical line|
|Parallel to horizon||Perpendicular to horizontal lines|